Wednesday 19 October 2011

A women just called from a DR's rooms. Said she is the Practice Manager there.
She sent us a claim, we paid it, she then realised they billed us the wrong amount [not enough], sent through another account with the higher amount.
Called to ask where the extra money was.
Yet another call where I was left feeling very concerned that SHE was the Practice Manager...

So at this point, she has explained the situation

Me - "Okay, so the account you sent us for the higher amount is not on file, was it just very recent that you sent it?"

Stupid Customer - "You haven't got it? Oh for f*ck sake, don't tell me you lost it. Hopeless. God damn f*cking hopeless"

Me, mouth agape that a Practice Manager is being so unprofessional - "Well, I can have a look through the pending claims on this policy if you like. The account may not be on file yet but it may be waiting to be assessed? What date was it faxed to us?"

Stupid Customer - "Date? F*ck, how would I know? You look it up"

Me - "Okay, I usually bring up all documents received on a certain date but that's ok. What name did you last it under for the patient? Mr Anderson, or his full name, Robert Anderson?"

Stupid Customer - "I'm a MANAGER love, I don't have time to mess about with names!"

Me - "Okay...well ma'am I'm sorry but without the date the fax was sent, really the other other one I can do a search for the account is with the name you used, if I could please get that. It will just just one moment, but I do need that to proceed"

Stupid Customer - "Are you deaf love? F*ck! I JUST told you, I'm a busy woman! I don't bother with names!"

Me - "O....kay...so ma'am, are you saying you didn't actually write the member's name on the account? What member information was actually on there?"

Stupid Customer - "You really don't listen do you, I DON'T BOTHER WITH ANY OF THAT! I sent you a page saying top up the surgery you recently paid. That's all I'm required to do. I faxed you that paper, now look it up for me love. F*ck!"

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, you will need to resubmit the amended account, with the requried information on there, otherwise there will be no way we can make the adjustment if we cannot locate the amended account"

Stupid Customer - "Oh for fu*ck sake! You don't process that many claims from us! You can go through all the recent ones and find it and work it out yourself! You're just being lazy!"

Me - "Ma'am, I can see here that at present, we process on average 43 claims from your office there PER DAY. Dating back to when this claim was first paid by the fund, I would be required to hand pick through over....let's see... 1500 faxes"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, exactly! You're just f*cking lazy!"

*CLICK* as she then hung up

That was a PRACTICE MANAGER from a DR's office.
ABSOLUTELY unprofessional, rude, vulgar, and a compelte DUMBA*S!

No comments:

Post a Comment