Wednesday 19 October 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?

Stupid Customer - "I got a letter here saying that my wife is not covered for dental!"

Me - "Ok sir, one moment, I'll look that up for you"

*I trawl through his policy - it's a really straight forward thing*

Me - "Thanks for waiting sir. So basically what's happened here, is that your wife recently transferred across from another health fund to ours, you added her to your policy. You only hold hospital cover. If she wants to access dental you can certainly add extras cover, and ..."

*interupts me*

Stupid Customer - "EXCUSE ME! I was TOLD by your people there that if she moved from her fund to my one that she would get the EXACT SAME COVER that she held with her previous fund!"

Me - "Right sir, so whenever someone moves to our fund, any cover that they held with their previous fund that they now hold with us, we honour. So for those same services that are eaxctly the same, they do not have to reserve any waiting periods. The cover simply carries across"

Stupid Customer - "Right! So why does this letter say she doesn't have any dental?!"

Me - "Because sir, your policy - the one you have put her on - does not have dental cover. If she wants dental cover, it has to be on the policy you have added her to"

Stupid Customer - "NO. I was told she would get the exact same cover!"

*I am worried at this point that a sales rep may have worded things badly and misled him*

Me - "Ok sir. I understand these transfers can often be complicated and sometimes confusing, so I'm going to listen to that call to determine what was said and how it was said, and get back to you with an outcome"

Stupid Customer - "GOOD, you go sort it out and call me back!"


So I have a manager here listen to the call. And what did we hear? Word for word:

Sales Rep - "Ok Mr Rogers. So to confirm, your wife currently holds both hospital and dental cover. Okay now if she moves to our fund and onto your policy as it is now, she'll be covered for hospital only. She will not be covered for dental. For that, you will need to add dental cover to your policy, because you can only be covered for services for which you are actually insured. Would you like me to add that dental cover for you today sir?"

Stupid Customer - "No, I'm not adding it. She doesn't use it anyway. No, just add her on and she wont have cover for any dental, that's alright son"

Sales Rep - "Okay sir, I'll take care of that for you, thanks. We will also send you a letter in the mail confirming that she has been added, and that she is covered for hospital only and not dental, jut so you have a paper record of that, okay?"

Stupid Customer - "Great, thanks son"



OHHHHH how I love the fact that calls are recorded.
Sales Rep - 1
Mr Iliketalie - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment