Sunday 30 October 2011

This lady had attitude to the hills and back, right from the word go.

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?

Stupid Customer, in a very stuck up tone - "WELL you can tell me why you didn't pay my claim!"

Me - "Ok ma'am, not a problem, I'll just bring up your policy and have a look. May I please start with your membership number, name and address?"

Stupid Customer - "No you may not"

Me, eye rolling - "Okay ma'am, well I'm afraid I cannot bring up your policy without that information first"

Stupid customer, big *SIGH* - "Aaaaaalways trying to make thing difficult aren't you! Fine! It's [gives me the details]*

Me - "Ok, thanks for that. Now, let's take a look"

*There are ALOT of recent claims on this woman's policy, a few rejected, so naturally I ask...*

Me - "Okay ma'am, so just to clarify, which one of these recent claims was the one that you were rejecting?"

Stupid Customer - "I dunno. You look it up"

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, I need to actually know what claim you're referring to if I'm going to be able to assist you"

Stupid Customer - "FINE, it's the one from 19th October"

Me - "Ok, thanks for that. Alright, let's take a look. Ok so I can see you lodged a claim for 5 physio sessions on the same date with the same physiotherapist. is this the one you are referring to?"

Stupid Customer - "YES! You need to explain to me RIGHT NOW why you messed that up and you need to get it fixed right away, and then I also demand COMPENSATION for the inconvenience"

Me - "Oh okay, well I can see here that we actually sent you a letter ma'am advising that you can only claim on a maximum two physio sessions on the same day, to keep claiming beyond that the sessions have to be on seperate days"

Stupid Customer - "Rubbish! Rubbish! Where does it say that? It says it no-where!"

Me - "Okay ma'am, it states this on the letter we sent you, plus also in your Certificate of Insurance when your policy is first issued, it is on page 3 of the member booklet we send you once a year and also on the policy document we send you twice a year, on the first page"

Stupid Customer - "It's not my responsiblity to read any of the junk you people send me. I'll wait for a few minutes while you pay the rest of my claim, but don't take up too much of my time"

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, you aren't entitled to any more back. The rules relating to claiming physiotherapy are clearly outlined in several documents, the fund is not responsible for you reading what we send you. Furthermore, I can see in the ntoes on your policy that we advised you this exact same information a few months ago - you called to check your physio cover and we told you this rule back then. You were well aware ma'am"

Stupid Customer - "This is a joke! You insurance companies take our money and will just do ANYTHING to weasle out of paying!"

Me - "Okay, I'm sorry you feel that way ma'am but as mentioned, the claiming criteria relating to phystiotherapy is very widely advertised, and you were already informed of this rule well prior to claiming"

Stupid Customer - "You insurance people change yur rules every few minutes and never let us innocent people know about it, you do it just to screw us out of claiming!"

Me - "Ma'am again I do apologise, I do apprecaite that you are upset, however all I can really do is repeat the fact that this rule has been in place for years and for that same length of time, has been very widely advertised. Plus you knew this rule, you asked us and we told you before you claimed"

Stupid Customer - "How do you sleep at night? Huh? Knowing that you are stealing from innocent people with children, huh? My kids will starve now because of you. yes, you, personally, I'm talking about YOU, you child murderer"

Me, shocked - "I'm sorry you feel this way ma'am. I would suggest you contact an appropriate aid society regarding the personal issues you have just now mentioned, however as it relates to our conversation now and the topic at end, I don't believe I can assist you any further"

Stupid Customer - "You're a cu*t"
*CLICK* as she then hung up on


Wow. Just...wow.
She was 100% in the wrong - I can understand that some people really don't read everything they are sent, but I mean, she called to check the rules and was told of them very clearly prior to getting her physio done, so she knew.
To then turn around and talk the way she did...pft...and she thinks I'M the cu*nt.
Rightio *eye roll*

No comments:

Post a Comment