Sunday 9 October 2011

We get calls from not only customers who are members of the health fund, but also hospitals and DRs, who are calling to generally cahse up on outstanding claims/payments.
The hospitals and Drs are still our customers too, technically.
So I get a call from a woman from a hospital, and oh lordy did it make me concerned that she was in control of patient accounts. If I'm ever in need to medical attention, I now know to NOT go to that hospital!

Me - hello :)
Stupid Customer - the patient accounts woman from the hospital

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how may I help you?

Stupid Customer - [All said in a very stuck up, snotty tone]    "Yes, hello, I was told 20th September that you people were investigating a claim that had not been paid, and that someone was going to call me back. Well, no-one has called me back, you still haven't paid the claim - I want to know why you people can't do your job"

Me - "Ok, let's have a look. Right, we I can see that a hospital claims assessor attemped to call you back several times 21st September..."

*interrupting me*

Stupid Customer - "No, no-one called me"

Me - "Okay. Just to confirm, is this the number we should have for you XXX-XXXX-XXX" [number obviously blanked out to protect the stupid!]

Stupid Customer - "Yes, that's my number, and no-one called me"

Me - "Okay. Well it says here they called 6 times over the course of 2 days and every single the call went to voicemail for you and message were left advisign we had called, the time we would next be calling, and they also left a direct line for you to call us back on, should we keep missing you"

Stupid Customer - "Yes, I got all of those voice messages. But no-one called me"

Me - "O...kay? Well, the main thing is that I have you on the phone now, and I can confirm that we had called to advise that that claim had actually been paid by it's due date, and was directly deposited into the DRs bank account"

Stupid Customer - "No, the claim was not paid"

Me - "Okay, well our records indicate that it was, the money should have been deposited 17th August."

Stupid Customer - "No, it's not there"

Me - "Okay, well I can ask our claims department to lodge a trace. Did you receive any other monies from the fund around that date at all? I just want to be sure that there are no other outstanding payments"

Stupid Customer - "I wouldn't know, I never checked the bank account"

Me - "O...kay? Well... I would suggest checking the account to see if the payment is in there. I'm sorry...can I just ask...how did you know the payment was missing if you had not checked the account?"

Stupid Customer - "You people always sent me a letter telling me what's been paid, and I never got the letter this time"

Me - "Okay. That's a bit unusual, we have a note here that the letter was mailed the same day the deposit was made. Has there been a recent change in the hospital's mailing address?"

Stupid Customer - "No, I get all the mail you people send us here, I've got a huge pile sitting in my office"

Me - "Okay. And the letter was deifnetely not in any of the pile you have there?"

Stupid Customer - "Dunno, I haven't opened any of it"

Me - O______O


OMFG.
And she does patient accounts.
Scary.

1 comment:

  1. She got six voicemails, yet claims nobody called. She never checked the bank account, yet claims the payment didn't go through. She's got a stack of unopened mail, yet claims you didn't send her a letter.

    What planet is she from, and how soon can we build a Death Star and blow it up?!

    ReplyDelete