Sunday 30 October 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah I wanna know how come your company is so stingey"

Me - "Ok, I'll just bring up your policy and have a look at what it is you're referring to ok sir"

*I bring up the policy. I can see that he sent in a recent dental claim. The charge was $7000. He asked for special consideration to get more back than the annual limit of $4000. He ended up getting back $6720, so his gap went from being $3000 to $280. I still don't even know how he got approved to ger more back then what everyone else does, but anyway...*

Me - "Okay sir, I have your claim up. I can see you actually were granted $2720 above your limit, what was the enquiry you had today?"

Stupid Customer - "That's a joke! I still gotta pay $280!"

Me - "Well, yes, that's correct sir. The fund advertises it's benefits quite openly, so you were aware of what you could claim back on dental when you took out the policy. Despite that you were still approved for something that I can honestly say I have never actually seen, to receive $2720 above your entitlement. So you have received well above what everyone else gets"

Stupid Customer - "I don't give a flying f**k about anyone else! The world resolves around ME, you HEAR?! I don't wanna pay a damn cent for anything, I pay enough for my insurance so you better get that other amount paid for me or I'll shop around for another fund!"

Me - "Well you have to do what's best for yourself sir. I can't say that I can see any other fund matching such a high dental rebate, but of course it is your right to shop around"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, well, I'm only getting back what I'm entitled to, I pay good money for my insurance so I expect to get everything covererd!"

Me - "I'm sorry sir, I'm not quite sir why you expect everything covered since - as mentioned - you are made aware of your dental limits when you first take out the policy. Your Certificate of Insurance I can see here actually states that you are NOT 100% covered for any service other than a basic checkup and clean and you must call the fund prior to any appointment to check what your gap will be. I can see here that this is the first time you have ever contacted the fund"

Stupid Customer - "I don't read any of that sh*t, nobody does, are you stupid?1 Are you deaf?! I'm just getting my moneys worth!"

Me - "Okay sir, but you pay $720 a year for your policy and you've been with the fund for about 3 years. So in total you've paid $2160. By your theory sir, you should have only received $2160 back"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah yeah yeah whatever. You people are f**king stingey"

*CLICK*


That guy made me mad.
He received back the highest dental benefit I have EVER seen, and even going through the notes on his policy, I still cannot see how he got it.
And he STILL whinged.
What an ungrateful piece of sh*t

No comments:

Post a Comment