Tuesday 4 October 2011

NOTE - Managers will only take a direct call if they have to have arranged for the customer to speak to them beforehand. They don't take blind transfers, ans the reason is because the only reason a customer shoudl be speaking to a manager here is in relation to a complaint that is really bad. As such, the managers prefer to be fully aware of the situation and prepared before speaking to the customer. These situatiosn always require thorough investigation by the manager before they can speak to a customer

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how may I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Hi, can you put me through to Maria* please?"

[Maria* is a manager, name changed of course :) ]

Me - "Sure, I'll see if she is available. And was this a personal call or were you returning a message, with something related to a policy you have with us?"

Stupid Customer - "Personal call"

Me - "Sure no problems. May I take your name and I will see if she is in the office?"

Stupid Customer - "Yep, my name's Dave. It's a personal call."

Me - "No problems Dave, just one moment thanks"

*I go find Maria. She knows no-one offhand named Dave*

Me - "Hi there Dave. Just need to check - were you a relative, or a friend?"

Stupid Customer - "It's a personal call"

Me - "Sure, that's fine. I just need to confirm how you know Maria as she's having a bit of trouble placing you"

Stupid Customer - "I got a problem with my policy and Maria's sorting it out for me"

Me - *eye roll* - "Right, so not a personal call but one relating to a policy you have with us then. So Maria asked you to call back today and ask for her?"

Stupid Customer - "Yep. She's expecting my call. She's sorting out a problem on my policy for me"

Me - "Ok. Since she couldn't place your name, could I please get your membership number and I will pass that to her and ask her to take the call for you"

*he gives me the membership number. I can see he has an issue where we didn't pay on a claim because he is not covered for that service. There are no notes, however, from Maria. I give her the membership number anyway. She has never been given this policy to action, and has never heard of the guy*

Me - "Hi Dave. I've just spoken to Maria again, and I'm sorry but she's advised me that she has never spoken with you before?"

Stupid Customer - "The girl I spoke to before said that Maria was going to handle my complaint!"

Me - "Ok sir, give me one moment and I will check for you"

*I go and speak to the last operator he spoke to. She had told him that he could not claim for a service because he was not covered for it. He got abusive and asked for her manager's name. She said my manager's name is Maria, she does not take direct calls though. Then he hung up on her*

Me - Hi again Dave. Ok, I just spoke to the last operator...

*interupting me*

Stupid Customer - "Nonononono why'd you speak to her? I asked to speak to MARIA!"

Me - "Sir, we would have been happy to refer your matter thruogh to Maria, however the fund does not appreicate being lied to. You are welcome to submit a written request asking that she look into your policy, however she will not speak to you today. To possibly save some time though, I will advise speaking to a manager will not change the fact that you cannot claim on a service for which you are not covered. if you want to be able to claim on a service, you need to pay to be covered for that service"

Stupid Customer - *CLICK*

No comments:

Post a Comment