Wednesday 26 October 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

*All I hear is hold music...I wait a while*

Me, a few times over the FOUR minutes  - "Hello? Anyone there? Hello?"

Eventually, I hang up. Four minutes is more than enough time sitting there listening to hold music, waiting for someone to get back to the phone, in my opinion. And technically, we are trained that after 30 seconds we can hang up.

A few minutes later I get a call...

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can ...."

*interupts me, yelling loudly*

Stupid Customer - "I JUST CALLED AND SOME RUDE PERSON HUNG UP ON ME!"

Me - "Okay, I'm sorry to hear that ma'am. Did you manage to catch that person's name so I can follow up on that for you?"

Stupid Customer - "NO! I didn't get their bloody name because no-one came to the phone!"

Me - "Okay....so to clarify...you called us,someone answered, but they then didn't respond to you?"

Stupid Customer - "NO NO NO! I called and had it on hold and then when I came back, no-one was there! They had hung up on me!"

*And so it dawns on me...this was my hold music person!*

Me - "Oh okay, well I believe I know what happened ma'am, as it was me who took that call..."

*interrupts me*

Stupid Customer - "You rude f**king bi*ch!"

Me - "Okay. But with all due respect ma'am, I waited for just over five whole minutes for someone to return to the line and no-body did, so yes, I did eventually hang up the phone, as I had other customers waiting to get through"

Stupid Customer - "I don't give a sh*t if you waited 5 minutes or 5 hours! I'M the customer, so when I call in, you WILL cater to my every need, you hear me?!"

Me - "Okay. Well if a customer calls and is on the phone when we answer then yes, of course, we will do all that we can for that customer. But I'm afraid fi there is no-one on the line then there is not much we can do..."

Stupid Customer - "That is BAD service! If I call in it should make NO difference how long I leave you people on hold! You should sit there and just be GRATEFUL that I even called you in the first place!"

Me - "Okay ma'am, well we appreciate your feedback. Now, how could I help you today?"

Stupid Customer - "Huh? Oh, I'm not even a member of your fund, I called the wrong number. But I wanted you to know how bad it is to just hang up on customers!"

*CLICK* , as she then hangs up.

B*tch wasn't even a customer of ours!
Someone has too much time on their hands, hmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. When are they going to invent a way to stab people over the phone???

    ReplyDelete