Thursday 13 October 2011

A women has called and right off the bat, she starts reading off her credit card number...

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how may I..."

*interrupting me*

Stupid Customer - "4365 833 9..."

*me interjecting - I don't want some random person spouting out ther credit card details over the phone!*

Me - "Sorry to cut in there ma'am - could I confirm what this information you're giving is for?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I want insurance, here' my number to pay for it"

Me - "Okay...did you already have a pending policy with our fund that was awaiting payment to finalise setup?"

Stupid Customer - "No, I want insurance, I have an operation this afternoon so you need to insure me"

Me - "Okay. Would this be the first time you would be taking out health insurance?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, and can you hurry up or what? I gotta drive over to the hospital soon for pre-admission!"

Me - "Okay, I'm sorry ma'am but if are taking out insurance for the first time, there are waiting periods that you need to serve for all services, and the wait for any kind of surgery is 12 months..."

Stupid Customer - "That's BULLSH*T! I got surgery TODAY so here's my card, set it up, and hurry the f**k up! I just need the cover for today then I'm gonna cancel it off anyway! 4365 833..."

Me - "Ma'am, sorry to cut in again, but insurance does not work like that. You cannt take out a policy, have surgery the same day, claim the cost of the surgery back , and then cancel the insurance"

Stupid Customer - "You're a b*tch, you know that?! You're what's wrong with our country, people like you and your company. Always screwing the everyday person who works hard, and pays their taxes, you people are always out just to rip us hard working folk off!"

Me - "Well ma'am, I mean, the thing that wouldn't be fair would be if we allowed people to join up and pay a few dollars for a days worth of cover and then claims thousands back on a surgery the same day, onyl for them to then close their policy. Premiums for all members who have been with the fund and paying for years would skyrocket, and the fund would eventually shut down due to not being viable"

Stupid Customer - "NO, you're all just a bunch of CROOKS and because of YOU I can't have my surgery today so you can all F*CK OFF and I hope you feel BAD that you've caused me to miss my surgery!"

*CLICK*

No comments:

Post a Comment