Thursday 6 October 2011

Oh. my. GOD.

I get this EVERY SINGLE DAY. Over and over. And it drives me batsh*t crazy. I have no idea why people do it.

Me - "Ok, so to bring up your policy, may I please get your name, date of birth, and address?"

Stupid Customer - "Yep. So my husband's name is George Brown, his date of birth is 14/05/1963, and he lives at 10 Smith Street, X Town"

Me - "........okay.....thanks for that......and now could I please get YOUR name, date of birth and address?"

Stupid Customer - "MY details?"

Me - "Yes ma'am. To view YOUR policy I need to confirm YOUR details"

Stupid Customer - "Oh. Ok then."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me - "Ok sir, now to bring up your policy, may I please get your name, date of birth and address"

Stupid Customer - "Ummmm....ok, ok so.... Sarah Miller, 10/01/1993, Green St Maryville"

Me - "......um...okay...so just to confirm, were you calling about your own policy sir?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, why"

Me - "Oh okay, it's just that you just gave me details of a young girl but I have you identified as an older male, so I'm just not sure what I'm meant to be, um, looking for?"

Stupid Customer - "Sarah's my daughter"

Me - "Okay...."

Stupid Customer - "............."

Me - "Okay, well I would need to get YOUR own details to being up your policy sir..."

Stupid Customer - "Oh, okay then"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, just WTF
I get this exact things SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. EVERY DAY.
If I ask you dierctly for YOUR details, what the cr*p would you give me the details of some random person who, might I add, is also usually someone not even on the policy????
WHY people, WHY

1 comment:

  1. Heh. I just found your blog from your sig on the Customers Suck forums. Adding your blog to my Google Reader, keep the stories coming. :D

    ReplyDelete