Tuesday 4 October 2011

So the person calling was not the customer herself, but rather the customer's daughter. Also, not so much stupid as just...well, decide for yourself kids :)

Customers Daughter - "Yeah hi, so I'm calling about my mother's policy. I need to check how much her funeral benefit is for?"

Me - "Oh, I'm very sorry. Well, the benefit amount is $2000. Once it's available, you just need to send us a copy fo the death certificate and where any monies should be sent. Because this is the first we've heard of her passing, I'll leave a note on her policy for you here..."

*interrupting*

Customer's Daughter - "Oh no, she's not dead, well not yet anyway. I'm hoping she'll be dead soon though, she's been hanging on for weeks and it's such a hassle, having to wait to get all this money, ya know? Like I've got this coming through and an inheritance, and she's got 2 cars and her house I can sell for some money too, but I can't get any of that till she dies, ya know? So annoying. I wanna go to Hawaii so bad and she's holding it up, and I wanted to get myself a new car 'cause my one's a few years old now, I can't be seen around in that, ya know? And some shoes, I need to get me some new shoes, I just love shoes, ya know..."

*she keeps rambling*

Me -  O_______O  

Wow.
Just...wow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm... really sorry you can't 'anonymously' send a copy of that call to her mom. Watch her former inheritance pass on to someone who isn't evil.

    ReplyDelete