Wednesday 19 October 2011

This girl just called in, and right from the word go she was RUDE and arrogant. Within a few seconds my eyebrows were raised, and I knew my lovely chirpy little voice was about to become deadpan reaaaaal quick.

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I'm waiting on a REFUND that you guys promised I would have in my account last week and its STILL NOT THERE, and NO I dont have my membership number because you sent me a NEW CARD"

Me - "Okay, that's fine ma'am, the membership number doesn't change even if we send a new card..."

*interrupts me*

Stupid Customer - "I..just..SAID..I..do..not..have..my..number!"

Me - "Uh, okay, I'm aware of that ma'am, I was simply assuring you that you retained your same memebrship number as you seemed to think otherwise. I can bring the policy up with your name"

*I get her policy up. She gives me great big SIGHS between every bit of info she gives me during this process. Painful*

Me - "Okay, so just to confirm ma'am...this was the refund of $61.85?"

Stupid Customer - "YES, and you guys have been telling me it's on its way and it is NOT IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, so you need to get it sorted!"

Me - "Okay. Well I can see here that the reason the money would not be in your bank account is because it is a cheque that has been sent, not a deposit into your bank account"
Stupid Customer - "WHAT! So HOW COME no-one told me that it was a cheque! So I've been wasting my time every day, I've been checking my account for a week and I should have been checking my letterbox!"

*at this point I'm thinking, so what, you go weeks on end without checking your letterbox? Really? What, you only bother checking it when someone notifys you that mail is on the way? Okay, sure, you dumb s*it*

Me  - "Well, ma'am, I can see that every time you called we have noted that the CHEQUE was being written up, the CHEQUE was being sent...the notes indicate we did use the word cheque each time...and the latest note states we told you it was mailed just 2 days ago and you need to allow time for postage?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I KNOW they used the WORD cheque, but they didn't TELL me that it was a cheque! I've been looking in my bank account every day, wasting my time! I want to complain about this!"

*Thinking, you already are....*

Me - "Okay, I'll get that logged for you. And what was the nature of the complaint?"

Stupid Customer - "Are you deaf? I just told you!"

Me - "Okay ma'am, well, I have left notes that you were unhappy due to a misunderstanding about the payment method of the refund. I've advised that the people you spoke with did tell you it was a cheque being sent, so that matter has been clarified, so I just need to confirm what other issue it was that you wished to lodge a claim about?"

Stupid Customer - "I'm complaining because they SAID it was a cheque but they didn't TELL me it was a cheque!"


Yeah.
So her complaint went no-where.

1 comment: