Tuesday 29 November 2011

I was making an outbound call to a new customer. He had submitted a paper application with us, and he indicated he was moving to us from a different fund. He hadn't put down the details of his previosu fund and we do require that, it affects what they can claim on etc. So I called him to get this info and this is the convo that just occurred...

Me - "Hi, this is *me* calling from Health Insurance Inc, was I speaking with *customer*?"

Stupid Customer - "Yes, speaking, how can I help you?"

Me - "I was just calling to confirm a few details from the application you recently submitted to us. It says here you came from a previous fund, but it looks like you overlooked filling in that section. Is it ok if I grab a few of those details so I can get your appliaction through for your sir?"

Stupid Customer - "Sure, shoot"

Me - "Thanks sir. So firstly, what was the name of the fund you can from?"

Stupid Customer - "Oh, I just had it all filed under 'my health cover'. I dodn;t give it an official name or anything"

Me - "Oh, okay. And what was the name of the health insurance company you are coming across from?"

Stupid Customer - "Nar, I dont run a business or anything, it was just my personal insurance"

Me, trying a different tact - "Okay. What was the name or type of the policy you had?"

[policy names are unique, I can use that to ID which fund it was]

Stupid Customer - "Just a single one"

Me - "Right. but what was the name or type of cover you had? The policy would have had an official name?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I told ya. 'My health cover'."

Me - "Okay. Well, do you know how much you paid each month?"

Stupid Custoemr - "Nar"

Me - "Okay sir. So to confirm, you can't actually tell you the name of the company you held insurance with or the name of the policy you had?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, yeah I already told ya. I filed it under 'my health cover', and I'm just a normal worker, I don't own no business or nothin'"

Me - "Okay sir. Well, thanks for your time, you have a great day now"


Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
I have concerns about how he manages to get through each day  O___O

No comments:

Post a Comment