Tuesday 22 November 2011

A colleague who sits near me just had a convo with a customer who called in... because he sits so close and I wasn't on a call myself at the time, I heard it all. It sounded like a normal, calm, pleasant convo - my colleague was telling this guy that if he paid his policy via credit card it would not reflect immediately, all payments hit the policy the next working day.

Literally about 2 minutes after his call ended, I get this...

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Hi, my husband  just called you earlier a minute ago and the guy he spoke to was incredibly rude and horrible to him! We got a letter saying our policy was overdue and we needed to pay it, and the guy he spoke to said he wasn't allowed to pay! He abused my poor husband, he screamed and yelled at him and would not let him pay! I'm his wife!"

Me - "Er....okay ma'am. That sounds very ...unusual. I'll bring up your policy and take a look"

*I bring up the policy and yup, sure enough, I am speaking with the wife of the guy my colleague just spoke with*

Me - "Okay ma'am, so I can see the policy and the notes from the last conversation...so just to clarify, it was your husband that called? Did he have the phone on loud speaker or something?"

Stupid Customer - "No, it wasn't on loud speaker, I didn't get to hear it. I normally handle everything to do with the insurance so he doesn't have to deal with people like you, and the one time I do let him call, this happens! He had called in just wanting to make a payment, to actually GIVE you guys money, and he comes back to me very upset because the man he spoke to abused him and told him that he is not allwoed to pay!Seee! This is why I normally shield him from you, you people are horrible!"

*NOTE - the husband is almost 40 yrs old. The fact that this encounter has 'upset' him, combined with the fact that his mouth is quite clearly sucking firmly on her t*ts, is making it very hard for me not to LOL right in her ear...*

Me - "Okay ma'am, I'm sorry to hear that the conversation upset him. I must say though. I have the notes on the policy here and I actually sit opposite the gentleman your husband spoke to. I'm sorry but all your husband was told was that we can take a credit card payment from him if he likes but we just want to mention to him so he is aware, that the payment will not actually reflect on the policy till the next working day, as we don't use real time processing. it goes through overnight. I was present for the entire conversation and I am sorry but that it all that was stated, and my colleague said this in a calm and polite manner. I'm not quite sure what your husband is doing, but the conversation that he mentions did not actually take place. We record all calls and can even send you a copy of the recording if you like?"

Stupid Customer - "Oh....um...no, no...that's okay. I guess he was just...um...confused then"

Me - "Mmmm-hmmmm"

Stupid Customer - "So, um... I can just make that payment with you on the phone now then?"

Me - "Sure ma'am, let's get that through for you"


The sad thing is that this kind of rubbish does happen every now and then. Someone will either call back themselves, or get their partner or MUM to call back after they've just spoken with us, and will go on and on about how poor them, woe is them, they were just ABUSED and we were so RUDE! Each time it's like, dude, we are happy to send you the recording of the call if you want.
But seriously people...do these idiots not realise that if we actuallty did abuse and speak to incredibly rudely to customers like they claim we have done to them, that we would not only be fired on the spot, but most likely arrested as well?
Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment