Sunday 20 November 2011

This call was actually nothing much out of the ordinary, but I thought I would post it anyway, as it's a good demonstration of the type of call I get about once every half an hour.
ATTACK OF THE IDIOTS WHO DO NOT LISTEN!!!

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Hi,  I just wanted to double check something. My surgeon has given me a quote and I wanted to see if it was correct"

Me - "Sure ma'am, let's take a look"

*I bring up her policy details etc*

Me - "Okay so what does the quote say there?"

Stupid Customer - "It says total fee payable by patient $738. Is that how much I have to pay?"

Me - "There should be a section below right below that ma'am, it will say either inclusive or exclusive of health fund rebate?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I see it. It says inclusive"

Me - "Right. So the DR has already factored in how much the health fund will pay back, so yes, your out of pocket expense to pay the DR yourself is $738"

Stupid Customer - "Okay. So how much the health fund paying?"

Me - "Well, if you look in the bottom right hand corner of the account there ma'am, there should be a section that gives you a detailed breakdown?"

Stupid Customer - "Oh yeah, yeah I see it. It says total fee $1820...health fund rebate $1082...patient out of pocket expense $738"

Me - "Okay, that's the one, that gives you the detailed breakdown"

Stupid Customer - "But...what do I have to pay?"

Me - "Um...well ma'am, you just pay $738 to the DR. The health fund pays the balance"

Stupid Customer - "Okay. But how come the health fund isn't paying anything towards this? I've had health insurance for years!"

Me - "Uh...ma'am, if you just refer to that section in the bottom right hand corner again...you can see there that the health fund is paying $1082 towards this procedure"

Stupid Customer - "Right. But...like...what do I pay though?"

Me - "You pay $738 ma'am"

Stupid Customer - "None of this makes any sense. I just want to know what I have to pay"

Me - "You have to pay $738 ma'am"

Stupid Customer - "You keep saying that, but how come I have insurance then? I'm paying for nothing!"

Me - "Ma'am, the Dr's total fee is $1820. The health fund is paying $1082 of that. You pay the remaining $738"

Stupid Customer - "I don't get it"

Me, eye twitch - "Okay, that's ok ma'am, we can talk through. Which part were you a bit confused with?"

Stupid Customer - "All of it"

Me - "Okay. So basically..."

*she talks over me*

Stupid Customer - "Look just forget it okaty. I think I'm just going to cancel, I don't see why I bother having insurance if I can't ever claim anything back"... *CLICK*

Um. Okay then??

PS. I want to say hello to Mona, who reads and comments on the blog here - I still haven't worked out how to reply to the actual comments , but please know that I read every single comment that everyone makes and Mona, I love hearing from you!! :) thanks for taking the time to read and leave your feedback, you're awesome :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Miss Health Insurance, LOL! I can't imagine how you keep your temper (not to mention your sanity) dealing with some of these people -- they sound like something you'd see in a truly awful TV show!

    ReplyDelete