Tuesday 15 November 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer, yelling - "I've had to call in 5 times now in the last day alone about a goddamn ambulance account that I sent you people, you said you paid it but the ambulance company sent me a reminder and so I checked with you again and you LIED and told me agai it wa salready sent! I DEMAND a manager right now, I am going to SUE you people for lying to me, I'm going to sue you and then come down and meet you all outside your offices and teach you a thing or two, how DARE you people f*ck me around like this!"

*While this customer is cra*ping on , I'm reading through the notes on his policy. Yep, he has indeed called over and over since yesterday about this ambulance claim. I can see the claim itself - it was deinfetely paid. I can see too that the 1st time he called, we already told him we would get a manager to call the ambualnce company direct to confirm they had received our payment and see why they sent him a reminder. Every time he called back after that, we repeated the same thign - we have it as paid, but a manager is trying to get through to the ambo comany direct to confirm. the last two times he called, we told him that we had gotten through and an ambo rep woudl be getting back to us this morning. Yet he just kept on calling and threatening and abusing...*

Me - "Okay sir, so I can see here..."

*talks over me*

Stupid Customer - "Don't you OKAY me! Every time I've called you people you LIE! I'm f*cking SICK of it! You're a f*cking useless dog and I should come on down there and put you in your f*cking place!"

Me, in a super sweet calm polite voice - "Of course sir. Now, I can see that each time you called us, we did advise you a manager was looking into this. There was a note place don the account about 15 minutes ago , where that manager was advised by [the ambo company] that they DID receive our payment for that account, and that the reminder notice was sent to you in error, they said it was a system error on their part and they do apologise for that. I can also see that we had already advised you we would call you once we had an outcome, and that manager had left a note she would be doing that within the hour - I will let her know you have already called back. So the matter has been resolved and as we intially advised you, we did in fact pay that account , and the error did in fact lie with the ambualce company. Now, was there anything else I can help with you today?"

*CLICK*, as he hangs up


I have to add - usually, we never really venture nito that grey area of 'blaming' other companies etc for things.
In this instance though, we had notes where the ambo company in question had told the customer straight up that our funds were 'liars' and 'incompetent' - I've deal with them before, and they had acted the same way then.
Add that to the inexcusably RUDe manner in which this man-child was carrying on, and you get my response.

And for the record, to date, he hasn;t yet called back. I figure it'll take a while for the sting to leave his face after he was just bit*ch smacked, YO ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment