Wednesday 16 November 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "My son on our family membership is getting is wisdom teeth out next week and I just called to double check that the whole thing will be all be covered, I mean, I'm pretty sure it is but I just want to double check you know?"

*I'm already prepping at this point for a call gone bad because I've NEVER seen a wisdom tooth removal end up being 100% covered, so she is about to get a shock...havniiing said that, ALL of the policy info we sent them clearly states what is and is not covered, so that is going to be interesting as well...*

Me - "Sure ma'am, just bear with me for one moment and I'll run a check on your policy"

*I bring up her policy, have a look...and it's all going to go downhill from here*

Me - "Thanks for waiting there ma'am. Okay so unfortunately, you do not actually have any dental cover at all, so you will not be able to claim anything back on this unfortunately"

Stupid Customer - "I beg your pardon?!"

Me - "You've never held dental cover ma'am. I'm sorry but you will not be able to claim towards your son' wisdoom tooth removal. You can add dental cover if you like, but there would be a 12 month wait before that would actually kick in"

Stupid Customer - "What do you MEAN we cannot claim!"

Me - "Well ,as mentioned ma'am, you've never held dental cover, only basic hospital cover"

Stupid Customer - "Oh this is a joke, this is a joke..."

*she just keeps on repeating this...over and over...*

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, but I mean, you were advised when you first took out your cover what services were and were not included, and then every year since then we send you this same information several times during the year, so you would have been well aware of what you can and cannot claim on all this time?"

Stupid Customer - No-body reads any of that rubbish that you send out!"

Me - "Okay, well I'm sorry that you have never taken the time to read what you can claim towards, but that doesn't change the fact that you have never held dental cover and as a result, wisdom teeth removal will not be claimable"

Stupid Customer - "This is ridiculous, your fund is a joke, you kow that right?"

Me - "I'm sorry, I don't see how this situation makes the fund a joke ma'am"

Stupid Customer - "You're happy to take our money each month but then as soon as we go to make a claim, you use every excuse in the book to weale out of paying us!"

Me - "Ma'am, health funds pay towatds services for which you are covered. If you ahve never paid for dental cover before, then naturally, you cannot claim on dental services"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah yeah, it's a joke. Anything to stop paying us!"

Me - "I'm sorry you feel that way ma'am, but it is the same for all health insurance - you can only claim towards something that you are actually paying for"

Stupid Customer - I want to speak to a manager"

Me - "I'm sorry, our managers here do not take escalations for complaints of this nature, the information they give you would be exactly as I've already told you. A manager cannot assist you with the fact that you failed to check what you were covered for all this time"

Stupid Customer - "You're all scammers, you know that? Happy to take our money but will do ANYTHING not to pay!"  *CLICK*


I get calls like that a fair bit.
Seriously. What the f*ck is WRONG with some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment