Wednesday 2 November 2011

One of the most over-the-place calls I've had in recent times. This chick's lies were so extravegent that the call was shot almost from the word go. Such a mess.

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help?"

Stupid Customer - "Yes, hello. I called you people a few weeks back to check if I could claim on a blood pressure monitor and you people said I could so I went and bought it and now I got a letter back saying you refuse to pay my claim, but won't say why!"

*Already I know something is up because NONE of our letters say this - if something is declined we state this and the next paragraph explains in full detail why it was declined, and what else would be required to get the claim paid if that was the case*

Me - "Hmmm, that doesn't sound too good ma'am, lets take a look at this for you"

*I bring up her policy. Sure enough:
1. We have recent notes where she did call, we said to claim on a blood pressure monitor you must send us a full receipt that has your name, the date purchased, the name of the item, the cost and the name of the place you bought it from. We note that she has stated she understands all of this
2. We have her claim on file rejected - she sent us a $200 ATM receipt. That's it. A receipt saying she withdrew from our ATM. No actual purchase receipt, nothing to say what it was she bought or where she bought it from, or even that the item purchased was for her
3. The letter we sent her CLEARLY states this. It says we unfortunetely cannot accept an ATM receipt, please resubmit the claim with a full receipt including all of the abovementioned detail, then your claim will be processed and you will receive your $200 rebate

Me - "Okay ma'am, thanks for waiting there. Now, I can see what's happened here, and I can explain it to you. Did you have that letter there in front of you and I can talk you through it?"

Stupid Customer, her sweet voice suddenly going EVIL - "Yes! I got your f*cking letter! It says right here 'we aren't paying your claim, take your receipt back, we reserve the right not to tell you why we are not paying it!'"

Me - "Er...I'm sorry ma'am but I can't say that I have that same information on the letter infront of me here"

Stupid Customer - "Yes, it says that and it also says that we do not appreciate having you as a member! that we request that you f*cking leave the health fund!"

Me, eye rolling - "Okay ma'am. Well in response to your actual enquiry, to receive your $200 rebate, you simply need to send us a full receipt containing your name, the item you..."

*talks over me*

Stupid Customer - "No, NO! I don't have to do ANYTHING, you f**king hear me?! I rang before to ask what I had to do to get my money back on a blood pressure monitor and the lad I spoke to said I didn't have to do anything! Nothing at all! He was going to tell your people there to just send me the money! And now I got letters from you telling me you don't like me and a customer and you want me to leave, you f*cking c*nts!"

Me - "That sounds very unusual ma'am, I must say, as I am not aware of any letter of ours ever stating that, but..."

*again talks over me*

Stupid Customer - "Well that's what it says! It says right here we will not pay your claim, please f**k off to another fund!"

Me - "Ah-huh. Okay well that is not good at all, I can give you a fax number or and email and if you would kindly forward that letter to us we can investigate that for you. In regards to your actual claim, we have a note here that you were advised to submit a full receipt that contains your name, the item you purchase, the cost, and where you bought it from, so if you forward that oen to us as well we can process that claim for you"

Stupid Customer - "What! No, the girl I spoke to told me she would get the money in my account that same f*cking day and I don't gotta send nothing at all!"

Me - "Ma'am , just earlier you advised it was a male you spoke with?"

Stupid Customer - "Well I spoke to and guy and then a woman too! And they both told me that the $800 would be in my account that afternoon!"

Me - "Okay ma'am. I just need to clarify a few details. The blood pressure monitor we have noted cost $200, so that would be the rebate. Where did you get $800 from?"

Stupid Customer - "That's my compensation!"

Me - "Compensation ma'am?"

Stupid Customer - "Yes, f*cking compensation! For messing up my claim!"

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, your claim was not 'messed up' in any way. Given the complexity of this call , I am going to resend you the letter that clearly states exactly what is required in order for your blood pressure monitor to be paid. I will email that to you now and also resend a hard copy to your address. If you could kindly refer to that letter and submit what is required, your claim will go through fine"

Stupid Customer - "But what about the money! The guy said a cheque had already been sent! He told me he had the $950 cheque in his f*cking hand as we spoke and we would personally mail it out to me!"

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, but our notes indicate you were simply advised of the requirments in order to claim a blood pressure monitor. You then sent an invalid receipt, the fund sent a letter explaining what we requried to get the claim through. Beyond that I'm afraid I don't have much more to add , if you refer to the requirements your claim will be paid"

Stuipd Customer - "I'm going to cancel my membership because you people are all f*cking terrorists!"
*CLICK*


Yes, please do cancel your membership! I would pay you money for you to cancel your membership with us! Go and harrass someone else with your vulgar craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment