Sunday 13 November 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Yes, I got a letter from your company saying that you can't pay on my dentla claim until I send you the receipt for it"

Me - "Yes ma'am, that's right, we do require the receipt for a service before we can pay on it. Had you been calling to get the mailing address to send the receipt to? It's just the address on the letter itself?"

Stupid Customer - "No, I'm not calling to get the address. I know the address. I'm calling because I don't understand the letter"

Me - "Oh....oh okay. Well basically, as mentioned, it just means that for the fund to pay on a service, we have to receive from you the receipt for that service to verify that it took place, what the service was, how much it cost, you know, just the standard claim details"

Stupid Customer - "I've claimed with your company before, I'm not an idiot"

Me - "Oh okay, well, no-one was calling you an idiot ma'am. If you just forward that receitp to us then we can assess your claim for you"

Stupid Customer - "So what, you're not going to answer my question?"

Me - "Um...I'm sorry ma'am, I thought that I had. The letter is stating that you must send us the receipt for the dental visit that you tried to claim on, once we get that receipt, we can finish assessing your claim and then release the payment to you. As it states in the letter, if we do not receive the receipt then we cannot pay the claim"

Stupid Customer - "Yes, you've said that, but I'm asking you, what does that MEAN?"

Me - "I'm...really sorry ma'am. I'm not sure I quite understand what it is you're asking me then?"

Stuipd Customer - "*SIGH* ...well is there someone there who DOES know what they're talking about then?"

*It is late in the day and I am already over it...*

Me - "Sure ma'am, that's fine, just bear with me for one moment and I will get you a manager, ok?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I think that's best, I don't really want to be speaking to a trainee"

*My manager comes to the line, and this is what I hear...*

Manager - "Hi ma'am...okay...okay...well I was sitting right next to [me] and yes, I did hear what she told you, what she said was correct...mmmhmmm....mmmhmmm....okay....okay well I'm sorry you feel that way...mmmhmm...okay...no ma'am, I'm sorry, that won't be happening"

Manager to me - "That crazy lady just hung up on me after I told her we wouldn't fire you for explaining the letter to her. She also said the letter was misleading, that no-one n their right mind would know what we meant when we said she must send her receipt to us to be able to claim"


What I say, is who is she to be talking about people in their 'right mind', when she is clearly not....hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment