Thursday 3 November 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah I was just at the dentist and swiped my card and got nothing back! I'm so sick of your fund stuffing everything up for me, get it fixed right now okay, I need that money today!"

*I bring up her policy and have a look at her cover...*

Me - "Ok ma'am, thanks for waiting. The reason you got nothing back is because you do not actually have any dental cover. You have basic hospital cover only"

Stupid Customer - "WHAT! No, I have top cover!"

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, you hold hospital cover only and it is the lowest hospital product we offer"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I have hospital cover! So where's my money!"

Me - "Uh...okay well, hospital cover means you can claim towards procedures done within hospital only. You would need to hold dental cover to be able to claim back on work done at the dentist"

Stupid Customer - "I pay you people good money to be covered and I get nothing back, nothing! You're all just out to get our money but you don't care about the common person!"

Me - "Okay. Well ma'am, I do have to point out again that you are on our lowest hospital only product. You pay $40 a month. The fund certainly provides cover, but only for the services for which you are paying. If you were paying for and were covered for dental, then of course, you would be able to claim back"

Stupid Customer - "NO! I was told the last time I called that I was fully covered for dental!"

*I review the last set of notes*

Me - "Okay ma'am, I can see that you did indeed call us last week.."

*talking over me*

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, see! I called!"

Me - "...yes ma'am, you did call. The notes state that you called saying you had a dental visit coming up and wanted to check your cover. The agent advised you that you held no dental cover and as such you would receive nothing back for that visit, however if you wanted to add dental cover for an extra $35 a month, you would be able to claim after serving your 3 month waiting period"

Stupid Customer - "Bullsh*t! I was never told any of that, it's all lies! I was told I was fully covered!"

Me - "Well ma'am if you were misadvised then of course we take that very seriously. Based on your accusations, we can retrieve that call and get a manager to listen to it and see what was actually advised. Because definetely, if you were given the wrong information, we need ot act on that"

Stupid Customer - "Ummmm....ahhh, nar, nar I don't have time to have calls istened to"

*CLICK* as she then hangs up

SERIOUSLY people. WHY do some of these crazies lie? They are told right at the start of the call that is recorded, so why oh WHY do they even bother?
Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment