Friday 25 November 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Well first let me tell you that I'm not happy, okay? I hope you're ready because you're about to be abused like you've never been abused before, I'm going to tear you a new a*shole, okay?"

Me - "Right, so what can I do for you today sir?"

Stupid Customer - "I've had to call you people about 15 times in the past two days to get a claim paid, and here I am again, wasting my time calling you people, and I tell you what, I've had enough, okay? It's beyond a joke now and I'm about to make sure this is the worst call you've ever had"

Me - 'Okay, what was your membership nubmer?"

*I bring up his policy and read through alllllll the notes*

Me - "Okay sir, so I can see here that you've called a fair few times about a dental claim, and ..."

*interrupts me*

Stupid Customer - "A few times? A few times?1 I've had to call you f*ckwits almost 20 times in just 2 days! So you've got my file there, what does it say?"

Me - "Yes sir, I've got your details here. The notes state that the claim had been delayed initially as we were waiting on further information on the dentist so we could properly process your claim, and that we received that information yesterday afternoon and that the claim should now be processed and the money in your account within 3 working days. Well sir, I mean, that was yesterday...it has not been 3 working days yet...so how could I help with this for you today?"

Stupid Customer - "How can you help me? Is that what you said? Huh? How can you HELP me?"

Me - "Yes, thats what I said sir"

Stupid Customer - "Well you can help me by getting off your a*s and paying my claim, that's how you can f*cking help me!"

Me - "Okay, well as mentioned the claim is being processed and the money should be in your bank account within now 2 working days"

Stupid Customer - "Well that's just not good enough! I demand that you give my money TODAY!"

Me - "Okay, well I'm sorry sir but that wont be possible..."

*interrupts me again*

Stupid Customer - "No no no no no, NO, no don't you start telling me this and that isn't 'possible', I know that all you gotta do is hit a few buttons on your end and I'll have my money right away. So I don't care who you gotta go speak to, but you go make it happen love, go do it right now"

Me - "Yeah, no I'm sorry sir but you've already been told the facts of the situation. To further explain, once we have processeda claim, we send a request to the bank you have on file with us and ask that they deposit the rebate amount into your bank account. I can see that we have sent that request today and so you are now just waiting for your own bank to release the funds into your account, and that process generally takes 2 working days"

Stupid Customer - "I don't care about any of your excuses, I've already told you how it's going to be so shut your mouth and go put my money into my account, I've already waited long enough for this claim to go through, you people really are f*cking hopeless, you know that right? You have a s*it job and you work for a s*hit company, I don;t know how you sleep at night"

Me - "I'm really sorry that you aren't able to understand what you're being told sir but I've already explained the facts fo the situation, and I can see form the notes that every other person you have called today has told you the exact same thing, calling us over and over wont change anything..."

*talks over me*

Stupid Customer - "Hey hey hey hey how you listen to make young lady, I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I've told you how it's going to be so like I told you before, shut your mouth and give me my money, you work for ME so go do what you're told like a good little girl, I'm done waiting for you people"

Me - "Well sir, I mean, the reason for the delay in the first place was that you sent us an incomplete receipt, so we had to wait on your own dentist to send us the missing information so we could proceed, i can see fomr the notes here that you refunsed to get that missing information yourself so we had to chase YOUR dentist, and that's the reason for the delay, so we've actually been waiting on you, not the other way around"

Stupid Customer - "Look I've already told you, I'm not interested in your excuses, shut your mouth and get me my money!"

Me - "They're not excuses sir, I'm simply stating the facts if the situation, unfortunately if you refuse to accept these facts then that is not really our problem and there is nothing more we can do for you"

Stupid Customer - "Excuse me! I'M the customer here, you work for me! I think it's time I had a little chat to your manager missy, you can't talk to a customer like this and get away with it! I hope you have alot of cash saved up because you're about to lost your job, you rude b*tch!"

*Yeaaaaaah. Every single manager here would have spoken 10 times worse to this guy...if someone abuses us then we have every right to defend ourselves and stand up for ourselves*

Me - "Okay sir, I'll pass your details through to a manager and get them to call you back to discuss your concerns"

Stupid Customer - "No you won't, you'll put me through to a manager right now!"

Me - "Sorry sir, management will want to listen to all of these calls prior to calling you back, you've been rude and abusive and they don't like that"

Stupid Customer, laughing - "Oh yeah? Whadda they gonna do, huh?"

Me - "Close your policy with us, sir"

Stupid Customer - "They can't do that!"

Me - "Actually sir, they can, I suggest you read through your terms and conditions, they are located in the policy information we send you twice a year, and also on our website"

Stupid Customer - "Whatever! So anyway, stop trying to change the subject - where's my money? I'm waiting!"

Me - "I've already told you numerous times sir that your money will be in your account in 2 working days, now I'm sorry but I have other customers waiting to get through so i will have to attend to their calls as this conversation is going no-where"

Stupid Customer - "Like hell you will!"

Me - *CLICK*


So, I mean, was I out of line in what I said and the way I spoke to him?
I know I was direct, but we have always been told here that if some moron speak to you like that, then you have every right to talk back

And I know that there are alot of people here who would have said worse things.

I think he deserved all he got and I hope his policy will get closed, which I am confident it will 

2 comments:

  1. I figure by him warning you in advance that he was planning on being abusive, you were perfectly justified in any direct comments that were made. I just wish we were able to hang up on people in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, you didn't come across as out of line. You explained the situation clearly (leaving out a few unpleasant details, such as the fact HE had sent in incomplete information so your company had to chase down his dentist for the info) but his increasingly rude refusal to give up on his impossible demands made your subsequent comments not only understandable but necessary, in my opinion.
    And yeah, I hope his policy gets cancelled too. It may not improve his behaviour but at least then he'll be somebody else's problem.

    ReplyDelete