Thursday 17 November 2011

I get this kind of all faaaaar too often...

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah I was at the physio today and my card didn't, can you look to see why? I don't understand!"

Me - "No problem ma'am, let's take a look"

*I bring up her policy...*

Me - "Thanks for waiting ma'am. Okay, so the reason your card was declined is because your policy is not up to date, it was due for payment a month ago now, you cannot claim while your policy is overdue"

Stupid Customer - "What do you mean?!"

Me - "Well I mean, you took out the policy about 6 weeks ago and we are still waiting to receive your first payment. But it's ok, you can put in the claim after you've paid the policy and it's up to date, it just means that..."

*interupts me*

Stupid Customer - "Huh? What do you mean I have to pay for the policy?!"


Yeah. B*tch thought - in all seriousness - that you just take out health insurance and it's there for free.

And I get that EXACT same type of call every few days
"What do you mean I have to pay to have insurance?!"
"What do you MEAN I can't claim if I haven't paid? I demand you pay for my claim right now or I will go the the media!"
"Huh? No-one told me it costs money to have health insurance!"

These kinds of calls make me weep for humanity, they really do....

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they make good on their threats to go to the media. As someone who worked in the media for 20 years, I can tell you there's no guarantee that "the media" wouldn't laugh right in their faces.

    ReplyDelete