Wednesday 23 November 2011

Wow. Just...wow.
Just had a call with a guy who truly acted like a 2 year old. I am still reeling...

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I got this letter saying that I haven't paid you guys my money?"

*I bring up the policy, look thruogh it all...*

Me - "Okay sir, so yes, I can see here that you missed your last payment, once that one has been paid and your policy is up to date, you'll be able to claim again. Would you like me to transfer you through to our payment department to get that taken care of?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, put me through"

Me - "Sure, no problem sir. Just be aware though that it takes at least one working day for the payment to hit your policy, once that payment reflects on your policy, you'll be able to claim again as normal. I'll just pop you through now..."

*interrupts me...note, his voice suddenly becomes soooo WHINEY...I'm talking, like a 3 yr old kid who you have just told is not allowed to have any lollies...I am thrown by just how childish and whiney it is, it's hard to describe...*

Stupid Customer - "NOOOO, but I want to claim NOWWWWW! Noooo, nonononono arghhhhhh! Noooo! I don't wanna waaaaait, arghhhhh!"

Me, after I pick my jaw up off the floor - "Ah, okay sir. Well, I do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but we do not use real timeprocessing so the very earliest a payment can reflect on your policy is one working dayl that is written on all of our payment reminders and bills, so that you are aware to allow for that one day for standard bank processing so that you don't find yourself waiting to claim. You can lodge any claims you have pending once the payment hits the policy sir, this doesn't mean you can't claim at all, it just means you have to wait one day for the payment to reflect on your policy. You will still get any rebate you are entitled to"

Stupid Customer - "Arghhhhhhhhh nononononono, ugh! NO! I wanna claim right now, NOW! I'm not hanging up until you fix this, now! ARGHHHHH! This is ridiculous, I pay you for service and I'm not getting any! I wanna claim now! Wanna claim now! Wanna claim now! Nownownownownownow!"

Me - "I'm sorry sir, regardlessoof how many times you repeat yourself, the facts remain the same - we have to wait for the bank to clear and then send the payment to us. Given the banking system we use, it is not possible to have this happen any earlier than 1 working day from the day you pay"

Stupid Customer - "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

*Yes. He made a 'waaaah' sound. LIke a baby. Wah*

Me - "Okay sir...so would you like me to put you through to our payment department?"

Stupid Customer - "Wanna claim, wanna claim, wanna claim, wanna claim"

Me - "Okay, well as advised, that is not going to possible until the payment reflects on your policy. The facts of the matter will not change. The sooner you pay, the sooner you will be able to claim. Would you like me to transfer you through?"

Stupid Customer - "Where's your manager?"

Me - "At this time sir, I believe he would be halfway home. This is not, however, a matter that can be escalated. Our managers do not take escalations where the information they would provideis the same that you have already been given"

Stupid Customer - ""But. I. Want. To. CLAIM! CLAIM! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Now! I'm not hanging up till I can claaaaaaaaim, arghhhhhhhh"

Me - "Okay sir. Well that is your choice, but I do need to advise you that I have other people calling in who have been waiting on hold for some time now, from what you're saying there I don't believe I can assist you any further today, if there is nothing I can actually help you with I'm going to have to end this call so I can assist other people, okay sir?"

Stupid Customer - "No! Nononononono! ARGGGGGGH, I wanna claim, ugh! UGH! WAAAAAAH. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Wah wah wah, WAHHHH"

Me - "Okay sir, you have a great evening now"... *CLICK*


I'm telling you, I've spoken to plenty of whiney people in my time. But that guy took the cake. BY A MILE.
I really cannot explain or describe it enough - when I say he whined like a little baby, that is LITERALLY what he was doing. He was 100% fine and normal at the start of the call, and then all of a sudden, BAM. Soon as he heard something he didn't like, off he went.
Wow. I'm still shocked by it.

Even worse - he had a wife and kids on his policy. He was allowed to reproduce?! Oh hell no, that sh*t should have been banned...

No comments:

Post a Comment