Saturday 3 December 2011

[Wow, when I go sooo long without posting - thank you very much, stupid internet crashing on me! - it is scary just how many posts I have to catch up on...makes me realise just how many complete dumba*s customers I speak to on an almost daily basis O___O ]

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Where abouts are your offices?"

*I direct her to the website, where she can go through the *many* office locations we have all over the country*

Stupid Customer - "Hmmm, no, no, this wont do. None of them are anywhere near me. I live in a remote location"

Me - "Oh okay, well I can answer any queries you may have over the phone now if you like, and I give you some mailign details if you need to send anything through?"

Stupid Customer - *she starts giving me an address*

Me - "Uh, ma'am? Hi....what was the address that you're giving me for?"

Stupid Customer, in a tone as if to say 'well DER' - "*SIGH* it's my address! And can you make sure someone comes here between 3 and 4pm tomorrow, the rest of the day i'm busy with my shopping and then I like to take a nap afterwards"

Me - "Uh...okay. I'm sorry ma'am, the fund doesn't actually make house visits, in any situation..."

Stupid Customer - "WHAT! Well, I'll have you know that I am outraged and disgusted by this! Does your company not CARE about it's customers then? is that what this is? You just don't care!"

Me - "No ma'am, we do of course care about our customers, however house visits are simply not a service offered by our fund"

Stupid Customer - "Well! I've been a member for more than 5 years, and I'll have you know that I'll be taking my business elsehwere after this! I'll go somewhere where they CARE about their customers!"

Me - "Okay ma'am, well to cancel your policy we do need that request in writing. If you have a pen and paper handy I can give you the mailing address you will need for that. Also, if you like, I can put a stop of your payments here in the meantime, to make the cancellation process a bit quicker for you?"

Stupid Customer, now stumbling over her words - "Huh? No...no...don't touch my payments, um....no.....I will, just...ummm....maybe, have a ..look...later...but don't cancel anything!".... *CLICK*


Okay, so here is the deal.
I understand that sometimes if we cant do something for you, you are not going to be happy.
That is normal, and completely understandable.
And if you are being nice and normal and resonable, I have no qualms with you expressing how upset you are etc. All good and to be expected.

HOWEVER.
These days, as soon as people start on with the whole 'OHH I am going to CANCEL, what do you think about that?!"
What do I think about that?
Okay. Well, hand me your things, I will help you pack faster and will also show you the door.

I no longer have time for people who think that by threatenng me with their business, I am going to bend over for me.
Nope. Not gonna happen, folks

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your company lets you do that "OK, well, I'm sorry to hear it but here's how you cancel ..." Too many people seem to expect that making that threat will cause the company to scramble abjectly to do whatever is wanted. It's always nice to see these little EWs pulled up short ...
    >:-)

    ReplyDelete