Saturday 10 December 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Whys it not going through?"

Me - "Okay...sorry, just to clarify sir, why is what not going through? You've come through to Health Insurance Inc?"

Stupid Customer - *SIGH* "My CLAIM, why is my CLAIM not going through?"

Me - "Oh okay, so were you at the point of sale right now and your claim was being declined, is that correct?"

Stupid Customer - "Yes! God, what else would I be doing?"

Me - "Oh, well it could be a paper claim declined sir, or a branch claim, or an online claim..."

Stupid Customer - "Whatever. So why's it not going through?"

Me - "Could I please get your membership number and I'll look this up for you sir?"

*After much sighing and grumbling he finally gives me enough detail to allow me to login into account*

Me - "Okay sir, so I can see here that you are trying to claim on a massage treatment. Your policy only covers for dental, so it's not going through as you have no massage cover. You can add that cover if you like and it will accessible after a 2 mth waiting period"

Stupid Customer - "What! Okay, are you infront on your computer right now?"

Me - "Uh, yes sir?"

Stupid Customer - "Right, good. Now tell me, how long have I been a customer for?"

Me - "Just under 3 years sir"

Stupid Customer - "Right. And tell me, look it up, how much have I claimed during all that time?"

Me - "About $600 worth if dental treatment"

Stupid Customer - "Exactly. I hardly ever claim. SAnd now you're telling me you aren't going to pay for my massage?"

Me - "Well...yes sir. You can only claim towards services that you are actually paying for. Massage in not part of your dental cover, thus you cannot claim on that service"

Stupid Customer - "You just said it yourself, I've been a member for almost 3 years!"

Me - "Yes sir, and during that time you have only ever held dental cover. Your length of membership has no bearing no this"

Stupid Customer - "Look , I don't who you have to talk to or what you ahve to do, but I WILL be paid for my massage today!"

Me - "I'm sorry sir, no you wont be able to claim on that service today"

Stupid Customer - "Well, I think I'll take my business elsewhere!"

Me - "Okay sir, would you like me to send you a cancellation form?"

Stupid Customer - .... *CLICK*

1 comment:

  1. What do you want to bet he doesn't take his business elsewhere ... more's the pity.
    Good luck on your training!

    ReplyDelete