Saturday 3 December 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Hi! I'm calling to make a dental claim, please"

Me - "Sure ma'am, what was your memebrship number?"

Stupid Customer - "Membership number? Uh, I don't think I have one of those..."

Me - "That's okay, I'll jut bring up your policy using your name, if I could pleease start with your surname?"

Stupid Customer - "Policy? Uh, I don't one of those either..."

Me - "Uh..."

Stupid Customer - "I just went to the dentist last week and spent about $3000 on some work I got done there, and I googled this on the net and it said I could claim on dental and to just call this number here, so I just want to claim, that's all..."

Me - "O....kay then. So are you a member of the health fund, ma'am?"

Stupid Customer - "The website didn't say anything about having to be a member"

Me - "Okay. Well, to be able to claim on a service, you do have to be a member of the health fund. And you will have had to serve your waiting periods as well. In this case, if it was major dental work you got done, that has a 12 month wait"

Stupid Customer - "Oh no, that's ok, I don't want to wait 12 mths, I'm just going to claim it now thanks"

Me - "Er, no, sorry ma'am, what I'm saying is that you would need to firstly join the health fund, and you can then only claim on major dental services that take place 12 months AFTER you have joined"

Stupid Customer - "But I went to the dentist last week"

Me - "Right. You aren't able to claim on this ma'am"

Stupid Customer - "What! But your website says I can!"

Me - "I'm on the site right now ma'am, it says on the home page you can claim on eigible services after you have joined and served your waiting periods"

Stupid Customer - "It doesn't say that anywjere!"

Me - "It says it in clear black block letters, and is right in front of you when you go to the website, it's actually all you can really see when you open it up"

Stupid Customer - "Whatever. So I just want to do my claim now please"

Me - "I'm sorry ma'am, as advised, you cannot claim on this dental visit"

Stupid Customer - "This is stupid! You're such a rip-off!"... *CLICK*

1 comment:

  1. This all boils down to"Waaah, whaah, I wanna get money from you WITHOUT being a member!"
    To quote your good self..."Not.gonna.happen"

    ReplyDelete