Saturday 3 December 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?"

Stupid Customer, yelling - "What haven't you paid my claim yet?!"

*I bring up the policy, have a look, and voila...*

Me - "Thanks for waiting there sir. Okay, so I can see that this claim was actually processed a few days ago, we sent the money to the bank account we had on file for you but it was returned with a message stating that the bank account was closed. So we sent you a cheque in place of that, and that was mailed yesterday you I imagine you should receive that in the next day or two sir"

Stupid Customer - "What! I have a new bank account!"

Me - "Yes, it would appear so sir, would you like me to..."

*talks over me*

Stupid Customer - "So why the hell did you send the payment to my old bank account? Are you people stupid or something?!"

*I read through the notes...*

Me - "Okay sir, well I mean, there are no notes here indicating that you contacted us to update your bank account details, so..."

*talks over me again*

Stupid Customer - "Yeah, I know I didn't let you people know!"

Me - "......."

Stupid Customer - "So how come you paid to the wrong account, huh?"

Me - "Ah...well sir, if you don't let us know that an account has been closed and provide us with the new bank account details, we have no way of knowing that this has taken place..."

Stupid Customer - "Bullsh*t! You people shouldv'e known!"

Me - "Okay. I'm sorry sir, how would we have known this?"

Stupid Customer - "You just shouldv'e known!"

Me - "Okay sir, well you did not notify us, therefore we did not know. Now, that cheque, as mentioned, should reach you in the next few days. So this doesn't happen again, did you want me to update your bank details now for you?"

Stupid Customer - "No! You shoudlv'e known, and now I have to wait to receive this bloody cheque, then i have to waste my time banking it! You people are idiots!"... *CLICK*


Yeah. He didn't update his details.
So next time he makes a claim, the same thing will happen again.
I left a note saying I asked for the details and he hung up on me after ranting for a lil' bit, so my butt is covered.
Can't wait till he calls in the next time this happens though....
"Okay sir, well I can see that you refused to provide your new bank details last time you called, and since then we still have not mastered our telepathic skills, so once again, you'll get your cheque in a few days time, thanks for calling!"

Moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment