Monday 25 July 2011

Run-in at the supermarket

I've never had a public 'spat' with anyone. That is, until last night.
Last night, I had my first ever 'run-in' with someone.

I was at my local supermarket [as is the theme of this blog, I won't reveal the name of where it was. This is to protect both the innocent and the stupid :)].
Since I go there every single day, I pretty much know all the faces there [as lame as that sounds hehe].

Last night while I was cruiing the aisles, I walked by a new staff member.
She looked about 45 years old, caked in waaaaaay too much make-up, had a scowl on her face, and looked as though she wanted to punch people.

My first ever public run-in.
And it went as follows:

Stupid staff chick - "Sorry you can't stand there"

Me - "Oh... oh ok, sorry, this is where I always stand to line up for self-serve, sorry. Where abouts do I move to?"

Stupid staff chick - "NO. You have too many items for the self-serve. move to another check-out. NEXT PLEASE! Cash of EFTPOS?"

***I look down at the single onion and single carrot in my hands***

Me - "Um, sorry, I'm not waiting for anyone or anything. I've just got these two things"

Stupid staff chick - ***SIGH*** "Are you telling me how to do my job?"

Me - "Um, no, I'm just telling you that all I have is a carrot and an onion. That's all"

Stupid staff chick - "NEXT PLEASE! Cash or EFTPOS?"

Me - "Um, I haven't moved, I'm still next in line..."

Stupid staff chick - "You need to move to another line!"

Me - "What, why?!"

Stupid staff chick - "Are you telling me how to do my job?"

Me - "What, you just asked that. I just want to buy my carrot and onion, that's all. I don't have too many items. Okay look the guy infront just finished up. I'd love to stand here and keep chatting to you but unfortunetely I'm not very good at speaking crazy, sorry. Thanks, bye!"

And with that I half-ran to the self-serve register, scanned everything through, and ran the hell outta there.
First time I've ever said anything to anyone like that in oublic - I was worried the whole time she was going to walk over and beat me up...
Once I reached the safety of my home though...yeah...if felt kinda good, I must admit hehe

No idea what that chick's problem was though. I'm going there again tonight so we may find out....

No comments:

Post a Comment