Sunday 24 July 2011

I called you but I don't know why...

So I've just been reminded of one of the more 'frustrating' things that happens, not only in this job, but I've encountered it over and over in all of my phone-based customer service roles.

"Hi...um...so, I just... um... I'm just calling you because...um...I had to call with...ok so I've got...."

"Yeah so I just called in... um... I called in for my thing...you know, I need my thing. Yeah"

"Yeah so I called and it's to do with my policy and I have to check on something...oh darn-it, i had it written down, I had to check something...can you ahng on for a second...*returns about 3 minutes later*...yeah so I had this thing...oh sh*t I just dropped the piece of paper, can you hang on a second..."

"Yeah I want to check on a claim.........huh? My policy number? Why do you need that? *SIGH* Fine, I'll go get it..."


People.
All I ask is that when you call, you have your sh*t together.
If you went to a restaurant and they asked you what you wanted, adn you stood there for 10 minutes going "Um..yeah...so I want food but...um...I'm not sure what I normally like..it's green I think, or maybe red, red food? No...no that doesn't sound right...is it food that I'm after? I think so...or maybe water...or a different drink of some type..."
They would kick you the f**k out.
Within 2 minutes flat, they woudl be all "B*tch PLEASE. There's the door. Don't let it hit your ass on the way out"

Now sadly where I work, we aren't allowed to ask people to call back when they have a f**king clue.
So I ask that you kindly take the initiative on this one and help me out.
Try not to make yourself sound like a *complete* shat-face when you call in.

Thanking you kindly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment