Sunday 24 July 2011

Hi, I'm a customer & I like to LIE!

Ok well in this instance... not the customer herself, but the mother.
Conversation goes as follows:

Stupid customer - "Yes I need to know what level of cover I'm on"

Me - "Sure, just need to confirm these details *states what is required*"

***she baulks at the address***

Stupid customer - "Ok so it's actually for my daughter, this is my daughter's policy. I'm her mother. But I have authority to speak for her"

***You've just put me offside by lying to me, lady.
And as soon as you hastily add 'oh but I have authority'...I just know that you do not***

Me - "I'm sorry, there is no authority attached to her name here"

Stupid MOTHER - "Look I just need to know what level of cover she is on. She is in hospital"

Me - "Ok, I know this is tricky, but without an authority for you I can't discuss anything. The solution though is to just ask the hospital to give us a quick call and they can do a fund check, problem solved :)"

Stupid mother - "Ok so she's not actually in a hosptial, it's a rehab facility"

Me - "Oh, ok, well in any case, we're able to speak to any registered medical facility so even if it's for rehab, that's fine, they can call us"

Stupid mother - "Look last time I called the person I spoke to told me everything, I don't know why it's a problem"

Me - "Ok, I can see the note from when you called a few days ago. Um... I'm just going to read it to you word for word, okay?  'Mother called, advised her cannot discuss anything till mbr sends authority'. So it seems no-one actually discussed anything with you other than to tell you autority is needed"

Stupid mother - "Look I just need to know how much she pays each mnth ok! She is a single mother and I think she is payign way too much"

Me - "Ok. if she is actually in hospital or a rehab facility, please get that facility to call us direct and do a fund check. In the meantime, we cannot discuss anything with you without an authority"

Stupid mother - "Well what if I just called in and gave you her name and pretended I was her? Huh? What would you do about that, huh?"

Me - "Well if you pass every security measure then you're taking that on yourself. All calls are recorded so if you choose to committ fraud like that and the member chose to take action, we've done our part by asking every security question, it's you that has chosen to committ the fraud, so you woudl be liable. I've also just left a thorough note of everything we've discussed. Now is there anything else I can help with?"

Stupid mother - "Oh...um, no, no that's all, thanks.. ok bye"

Bye bye, dipsh*t.

No comments:

Post a Comment