Sunday 31 July 2011

Baby Brain? Nar, just a real d**khead.

Stupid Customer - "Oh good, you're a woman, I'm glad you answered, you will understand. Not like an idiot man! I'm pregnant and due in a few weeks, and I called in about 15 minutes ago and some idiot MAN told me that I wasn't covered for the birth! He said I wasn't on the right level of cover and that if I changed policies, I would have to serve 'waiting periods'! Can you believe that! Now I'm glad that YOU answered, as a woman, I'm sure YOU can sort this out, daaaaaaahls

Me - "Ok, so I can see here that you were actually told the correct information. We have very clear notes that you called in quite a while ago - 3 times - and told us you were planning on becoming pregnant and wanted to know your cover. We told you each time that if you stayed on your current level of cover you would be covered for nothing as pregnancy is not included. We advised you would need to upgrade your policy, and you would need to do so at least 3 months prior to falling pregnant, to ensure your waits had been served by the time a baby would be born. We also have it noted that during each of these conversations, you told us the prices for upgrading were too high, you were unhappy with our company, and you would be changing health insurers."

Stupid Customer - *SIGH* "None of that is relevant. I'm due in a few weeks. You're a women so you will understand! Can you please go and sort this out, I've wasted so much time on the phone now to you people, I'm really unhappy with this kind of service! *SIGH*"

Me - "I don't really know what else to tell you. We told you what was required to be covered for this pregnancy, you blatantly ignored that advice. There is no way this birth will be covered through private health insurance.Me being a woman doesn't change that"

Stupid Customer - *screaming* "This is a f**king joke! I've been with your company for over 30 years, I'm a loyal member! No-one ever warned me I wouldn't be covered! You're a woman, I can't believe you would betray another woman like this! I was NEVER told any of this, you need to go and get a manager right now. I'm going to take my business elsewhere, you hear me? I'm changing companies! You guys are cheats!"

Me - "I don't see how this is a 'joke'. We told you 3 times that you weren't covered on this level of cover. I can organize for copies of those phone calls to be sent to you, if you like? Also it states here that you've only been a member with this fund for just over a year. You're also only 23 years old so I don't quite see how you could hold 30+ year membership with any organization, actually. Now you're welcome to join another fund if you like, just be aware that these rules relating to pregnancy are the same across the industry. I'll send you a cancellation form today. And again, to make it abundantly clear, I once again state that you are not covered for pregnancy on this policy. As advised to you across over 5 phone calls now. Thanks for calling"
*CLICK*

Another time when I was happy to have the team leader that I did. If I had of handled this call in other other way, I'd have been told off [seriously]
Couldn't do that kind of thing now though...

No comments:

Post a Comment