Tuesday 26 July 2011

I don't get it

Me - "Ok so we processed your claim, and I can see that you got $50 back, it should be in your bank account now, we processed that claim a week ago now"

Stupid Customer - "I don't get it"

Me - "Oh ok... ok so you sent us a dental claim, the one where the fee was $50? You have top cover so in this instance, you were able to claim the full cost of the service back. the money should be in your account now"

Stupid Customer - "I don't get it"

Me - "Ok...so just to clarify, which part of the claim is unclear?"

Stupid Customer - "All of it"

Me - "Ok... so you sent us a claim. We paid a $50 rebate to your bank account. I'm not sure what other part of that I can explain any better?"

Stupid Customer - "Where's my money?"

Me - "We deposited the $50 into your bank account a week ago ***I confirm the bank account we have and it si correct"

Stupid Customer - "It's not there. You people ripped me off again!"

Me - "Oh... ok, I don't see any notes of a previous complaint or problem with your policy? For this one though we definetely have it noted as paid so I would firstly check with your bank if the funds are missing, if no luck you can lodge a trace with us..."

*** interrupts me ***

Stupid Customer - "Yeah lodge a trace, you people have ripped me off again! Do a trace now"

Me - "Ok, I'll pass this through... so just a few details for me to note down... when you checked your account there was there any reference at all for Health Insurance Inc, any figure or payment at all that you could see?"

Stupid Customer - "I haven't checked my account"

Me - "Right... so how do you know the money isn't there?"

Stupid Customer - "'Cause you people always rip me off"

Me - "Ok when was that, you keep saying we've ripped you off but like I mentioned there is nothing of the sort noted on your policy. I think I need to refer your policy through for investigation 'cause from what you're saying, it sounds like there are a whole series of complaints you had wanted logged but haven't been followed up on"

Stupid Customer - "I didn't lodge any complaints"

Me - "Right... ok so you need to go and actually check your bank account for this claim. That would be a good starting point, yeah? Thanks for calling"


And the guy wasn't just messing with me either, he was deadly serious the whole covnersation.
And what's even sadder is this isn't the first time I've had a conversation like this wtih a customer.
Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment