Thursday 28 July 2011

I'm allowed to be stupid because I'm old!

Stupid Customer - "Yes, listen here young lady. I've been a member for over 30 years. I'm 84 yrs old. I sent you people a letter recently complaining that my local hospital doesn't have any private rooms! Every time I have to go there, I have to stay in a room with 5 other bloody old men!"

Me - "Yes, I can see that you sent that. We sent you a letter back advising that that kind of issue doesn't actually have anything to do with your health fund, we ensure you for your stay but we have no influence whatsoever as to how they build the hospital. We sent that letter over a week ago, you should be receiving it shortly"

Stupid Customer - "I got the letter right here in front of me! I want you to explain what the bloody hell you're on about! Every time I go to that bloody hospital...."

***rants for a few minutes, not letting me speak***

Me - "Hi there, I'm really sorry to have to interject here, but that's why we sent you that letter. None of this has anything to so with the health fund. You need to contact your local Government rep to discuss your concerns further"

Stupid Customer - "I've been with you people for over 30 years, and every bloody time I go in..."

***rants again, this time for just over 5 minutes***

Me - ***bluntly*** "Right, so we sent you that letter with the number for who you need to call. You're complaining to the wrong people, we have no control over how many rooms a hospital chooses to build. please call the number on the letter"

Stupid Customer - "Listen here young lady, I'm 84 years old and have been a member for over 30 years, you bloody people don't want to help me..."

Me - "We helped you by sending that letter"

Stupid Customer - "So what should I do?"

Me - "Cal the number on the letter"

Stupid Customer - "Well why don't you people just write that on the bloody letter in the first place, I'm 84 yrs old, I don't have time to be calling you people every 5 minutes!"

Me - "It is on the letter, and I just told you several times to call them as well"

Stupid customer - "Well if you hadn't been wasting so much time with your girlfriends gossipying away then maybe I would have heard you"

Me - "??? ... there are no girlfriends. Go call that number. Thanks for calling, bye"

No comments:

Post a Comment