Tuesday 6 September 2011

This occirred at my previous job, when I had my team leader who had no time for rude and/or stupid customers

Stupid Customer - "Yeah hi, am I covered for surgery through This Private Hospital?"

Me - "Ok I'll just have a look here for you...and what kind of surgery would that be for?"

Stupid Customer - "Surgery"

Me - "Ok, but what *kind* of surgery?"

Stupid Customer - "An operation"

Me - "yes...but what KIND?"

Stupid Customer - "I don't know"

Me - "O...kay. Well, we do need to know the kind of surgery you are having as your policy has a few exclusions. If you can find out from the hospital or your surgeon, call us right back and we can check if it is covered or not"

Stupid Customer - *with attitude* "Um, WHY does the type fo surgery matter? It's surgery, it's all the same! If you can't help me can you put me through to someone who knows what they're talking about?"

Me - "As mentioned, the reason we need to know the kind of surgery is because your policy has a long list of things that are not covered. I need to know the type of surgery to see if it is covered or not. If you are not aware of the kind of surgery you are going in for for same reason you need to find out then call us back"

Stupid Customer - "Can I speak to someone who knows what they're talking about"

Me - "Sure. That would be me"

Stupid Customer - "That makes no sense, that you would need to know the kind of surgery"

Me - "So to clarify, you're saying you are getting operated on next week and you have no idea what you are going in for?"

Stupid Customer - *again with attitude* "Nope!"

Me - "Ok...would you mind holding for just one moment, you had asked to speak to someone else so I will see if there is anyone available"

Stupid Customer - "FINALLY! yeah go get someone who KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT"

*I go and explain the situation to my team leader. He gets on the phone. he tells me afetr this is how the conversation went*

Team Leader - "Hi, so I understand you are wanting to check if you are covered for surgery but you have no idea what kind of surgery it is?

Stupid Customer - "Yup. That girl before needs to be trained, she told me I have to find out what *kind* of surgery it is before she would tell me, what a joke!"

Team Leader - "So can I just ask - how are we supposed to know if you are covered or not without knowing what it is you're getting done? What exactly would we be checking? And I'm afraid that if you are going in for an operation but have no idea at all what it is you are going in for, I would not feel comfortable discussing anything this serious with you as you are clearly not capable of handling your own affairs. Do you have someone who handles your own affairs for you? A guardian perhaps? Were they available to come to the phone?"

Stupid Customer  -*grumbling now, in a quiet voice* "Whatever. I'm getting my gall bladder removed. Will I be covered?"

Ah-huh.

So I have no idea what her problem was in the first place... but she just got owned :D

Stupid b*tch.

No comments:

Post a Comment