Wednesday 28 September 2011

Stupid Customer - "I got a letter from you people saying you won't pay my ambulance claim because I'm not covered for ambulance?"

Me - "That's right sir. Looking at your policy, I can see that when you took out your policy with us last year, you ticked the box opting out of ambulance cover."

Stupid Customer - "So why didn't you people pay my claim?"

Me - "Because you are not covered for ambulance, sir. I can also see that you've called to check your level of cover a few times since taking the policy out - each time we advised you were not covered for ambulance, and each time you advised us yes, that was correct, you did not want ambulance cover"

Stupid Customer - "But WHY DIDN'T YOU PAY MY AMBULANCE BILL?!"

Me - "Well, because, you can only claim on services that you are actually covered for, sir"

Stupid Customer - "This makes no sense! I pay you people alot of money for my cover and you always try and weasle out of paying anything back, it's a bloody joke!"

Me - "Okay. But you can only claim on a service that you are actually covered for sir. You chose not to include cover for ambulance. You have never paid a cent for ambulance cover. With all due respect sir, I am not quite sure how else to explain the situation. You simply cannot claim on a service for which you are not covered. And you made it very clear, on numerous occassions, that you wished to NOT be covered for ambulance"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah I know that! What does that have to do with you people not paying my bloody ambulance bill? All you people do is take our money and give nothing back! You guys are scam artists you know, bloody scam artists!"

Me - "Okay. Again I'm not sure how else to explain it sir..."

*interrupting me*

Stupid Customer - "Yeah you people are bloody scam artists you here"

*CLICK*

5 minutes later, I overhear...

Colleague - "No sir, you cannot claim that ambulance bill, because you're not coverd for ambulance.....okay....ah-huh....okay....okay well sir, you've just told me you know you don't hold any ambulance cover, and yet you are demanding to know why we did not pay your ambulance bill...ah-huh...okay...oka-.....hey, that guy just hung up on me!"

And then, a few minutes after that..

Other colleague - "No sir, I'm sorry but a manager will not be able to speak to you regarding your declined ambulance claim. By your own admission, you are aware you do not hold ambulance cover, so I am not sure why you are upset and surprised that we did not pay your ambulance bill.....okay...okay...sir if yout threaten me again I will terminate the call...okay...okay...sir...sir, again, a manager will not be able to assist you further....okay..okay, well you have a good day then"

That idiot called in 3 more times that day, arguing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment