Wednesday 28 September 2011

Me - "Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how may I help you?"

Stupid Customer - "Yeah hi, I need to see how much I got left to claim on glasses?"

Me - "Sure, not a problem ma'am. To bring up your policy, could I please start with your name, date of birth, and address please?"

Stupid Customer - *gives me her husband's name and date of birth, then silence*

Me - "Ok. Thanks ...for that? Now, I just need to get *your* name and date of birth please, and also the address on file."

Stupid Customer - "MY name and date of birth?"

Me - "Yes please ma'am. And the address"

Stupid Customer - "Are you sure?"

Me - "Um, yes. Yes I am, I need those details to proceed"

Stupid Customer - "Ah, okaaaaaay."

*she then stumbles and stutters for a good minute as she struggles to recite her own name and date of birth*

Me - "Okay, thanks for that. And just the address there please?"

Stupid Customer - "Um...you mean MY address?"

Me - "Ah, yes please. Your address that we have on file for you, thanks"

Stupid Customer - "Oh, okay. Ummmm..."

*she then proceeds to give me the address for our own Health Insurance Inc here*

Me - "Oh okay. Thanks for that. And is it ok if I confirm YOUR address please?"

Stupid Customer - "MY address?"

Me - "Yes please"

Stupid Customer - *she then gives me OUR business address yet again*

Me - "........"

Stupid Customer - ".........."

Me - "Okay. Thanks. And I just need to confirm YOUR address please. The address that YOU live at, please ma'am"

*she then gave me her husband's name and date of birth again*


We got there eventually, but it ended up taking her almost 5 minutes to get out of her her own name, date of birth, and address.
This was a 30-odd year old woman.

FML. How do these people function. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment